Welcome to Truth Be Told!

It's been a huge blessing to have so many people read these blog entries. With a passion for writing, I felt it laid on my heart to use my life, with all of it's ups and downs, to relate to others and help them with whatever they may be going through. My prayer is that God will speak to you through my writing, just like he has spoken to me. Although many of my blogs contain personal information and opinions (my life is an open book), I seek to only write what I know to be true - revelations that have been made to me from God through his word and Spirit :) As I have stated in many of my blog entries before, I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be "holier than thou" or "have it all together". Anyone that knows me would tell you that I am far from that. I'll be the first to tell you that I am a horrible, messed up human being who would be nothing without the grace of God. So all the thanks to him, for using my life to help others and further his kingdom :) I am just a messenger, my friends! Enjoy these entries, be challenged by them, and use them to grow closer to God.
Love,
Lottie


Friday, May 20, 2011

Simply in Awe

so i definitely have been thinking and i finally understand one of the greatest things God could do for me!

Imagine this:
There is a guy out there...a guy that you don't even know...waiting for you. He wants to be with you and make you happy and be there for you for the rest of your life. There's a guy out there who is going to take care of you when you are sick, love the way you look in sweatpants and no make up on, and laugh with you until you feel like your gut is about to burst. He is going to be the sweetest guy you've ever met. His charm will be inevitable, his smile will be heart-melting, and his hugs will warm you on the coldest days.

now imagine this:

he has no idea you even exist.

the craziest thing of all...is that he already loves you. He just doesn't know it yet.

Now fact is, you're ready for that guy to come into your life. For some reason, you won't settle for less. You have been hurt one too many times by the guys in your life that you just can't bare to handle another heartache. You've tried to control the outcomes, but truth be told, nothing comes out right. It's impossible for you to control what happens in your love life.

but you rest easy now. Because you have a new-found truth.

The truth is this: God knows you. God knows him. God knows where life is going to take you. He just KNOWS. He knows exactly where you are going to be 2 minutes from now, 2 hours from now, 2 days from now, 2 YEARS from now. He knows the people you are going to meet and the places you are going to see. He is using every single event that happens in your life to frame who you are. The same can be said for your love life. He knows the guys that are going to come into your life. He knows about your first kiss with that boy in 7th grade, and that boy you dated for 3 years just so he could break your heart, and that boy who claimed to love you, had his way with you, and left you with emotional scars that can't seem to heal. God knew all those guys were going to be there. And he knew they were going to leave....

Finally, imagine THIS:
No matter how much you want it or how hard you try, that right guy may not be coming into your life right now. It could be tomorrow or years down the road... but God has a reason for his timing. He is still working in the life of that guy. you may be ready, but he is not. That guy is going to love you for the rest of his life! God is working in his life so that he will be perfect for you! God is rearranging events in both of your lives so that you will meet someday. He has both of your paths mapped out. You two are destined to meet, fall in love, and live happily ever after. isn't that worth waiting for?

wow. simply in awe. God is amazing. :):)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this! I've been needing to hear just that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for writing this! I really needed to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete